Friday, May 23, 2014

Good Times

Today was a fine, fun filled day.  Mostly. 

Good stuff:  Got the girls off early, picked mom up and went yard saling.  We had some great laughs, particularly when I started screaming (in my van) at the guy loading up his new dumpster dived garden statue that I'd planned to dumpster dive myself. It took only driving around a city block to lose a fantastic Venus-ish garden statue!  ARG!!!  However, I did managed to dumpster dive a FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC marble pedestal (4 feet high) that had been dumped from an old home. 

And I nearly peed my pants when mom read a recipe incorrectly as "Honey Granola Cunt".

And I introduced mom to my new favorite German restaurant. 

And we found a yard sale with some really neat (really expensive that I'm too cheap to buy when I can dumpster dive it for free) architectural salvage.

The only down for the day is door slamming, pouting and disrespect because I refuse to drive Sophia 30 miles to a job and back during the summer. 

All in all, that's a pretty good day.

0 comments: